Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I can't help but find myself asking questions about love...What is love? Is love conditional or unconditional? What example of love do we have? So, to answer my own questions:
What is love - a sincere emotion with actions or reactions for a person/persons or something.
Is it conditional or unconditional - depends on what that person or something has done to you, right, therefore that makes it conditional? But I can honestly say that my love isn't based upon someone else's actions...love isn't a loosely used word, those I love...I really love.
What example of love do I have -
where to begin...first with my loving parents (love you Mom and Dad) and sisters (you too Angie and Hollie); then move onto extended family that have always been a true support through all my years (Grandma and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins, also my in-laws);
now my loving husband and children (as often as I take them for granted, they still cuddle up and give me kisses);
yet the greatest example of love is God and His son..."For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1 His love gives such peace that surpasses all understanding and through His love, we can love others...loving others with a love that make people know they are loved and encouraged. God's love is evident in every breath and every created thing surrounding us, every circumstance both good and bad, and in each person we touch with His love.
So now I ask....who have you loved today and all the days to come? I must encourage you though, to know this love you must know the Savior. To know the Savior, you must call upon His name, confess and repent of your sins, and be willing to commit your life to His will.
I hope you all know and find the true love "Valentine" and if you already have, I pray that you have told Him how much He means to you today. Then, let those around you know your love!
Happy Valentine's Day from mine to yours! May you all know God's love for you too!

1 comment: